Already Christian

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Carried to the table of the Lord

    Think back to medieval times. Imagine a wealthy ruler of a great kingdom requesting that a peasant man come and feast with him in his palace. The invitation is not just any, it's written on a scroll and the king's finest servant delivers it. Not only does this peasant man feast with the king, he has access to all the king's luxuries. If he would like to go into the king's garden and pick fruits from the best tree, he may. If he would like to wear the king's finest purple robe, he may. But isn't it absurd for a king, with all the wealth he needs, to request of a man with absolutely nothing to dine with him?

   I was listening to a song, "Carried to the table," by Leeland and it says, "I've been carried to the table, seated where I don't belong. I don't see my brokenness anymore when I'm seated at the table of the Lord." This King, Jesus, is like no other. No medieval king, or any other earthly king for that matter would request of a peasant to dine with him. But, Jesus, seeing who I was, carried me to His table and gave me a seat in His kingdom. He had everything and I had nothing, yet He gave everything for me. Why? I will never know, but I am ever grateful.

   That invitation is extended to you and to everyone that hears it. He's saying "Come, I am preparing a feast and you are invited." He's calling people all over the nations, all over the world to come and dine with Him. Regardless of our upbringing, what we have done or who we are, He's still calling for us. In spite of our dirtiness, He's still calling. If you hear His call, and you answer, He will not reject you. This invitation is not just extended to the 'righteous,' it's extended to the sinner. He will wash you, you don't have to be perfect to come. As Leeland says, "I don't see my brokenness anymore when I'm seated at the table of the Lord." None of that matters, just let Him carry you to His table.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave questions, comments or concerns.