Already Christian

Monday, June 8, 2015

People fail, God never fails

  I can't count how many times someone has said to me, "Don't worry, I've got your back." I've had high expectations from friends and I've been let down. I've expected people not to hurt me but they still do.  We set high expectations for our friends and families and as a result, we're often let down. We fail to understand that human nature is flawed and regardless of how good we are at keeping promises, we're bound to fail someone. We find ourselves hurting and getting hurt. We love to make promises but we often break those promises. People fail but God never has and he never will.

     The Bible says that we should trust God with all our heart, and lean not unto our own understanding. (Proverbs 3:5-6) We should trust in God, not people because people are flawed and cannot always keep their promises. Our intentions may be pure and noble but we are flawed and limited. I can promise someone that I will meet them at the mall tomorrow and my intention may be to meet that person but if my means of transportation become unavailable, I can't meet them. My intention was not to break my promise but still, I found myself breaking my promise. I can promise never to hurt someone but in some way that I don't understand, I can still end up hurting them. Intentional or not, we still fail each other constantly. God's intention is to keep every covenant that He has made with you and He will do just what He said. He promises never to forsake us. (Deut 31:6) He promises to meet all of our needs. (Phil 4:19) God promises to defend His children. (Ex 14:14) Everything that He says He will do, He will do. Though you can't always trust mankind, you can trust God.
  
   Usually, our family and friends don't fail us intentionally but sometimes they do. I can say that there were people who have used me for their own personal gain and when they were done, they forgot about me. There were people who I thought were my friends who let me down. There were people who I expected to defend me who joined in with others against me. Sometimes people do cruel things that we can't understand. It's hard to even wrap your head around it. This is why we should put our trust in God, not people. When people forsake you, God will adopt you. When people reject you, God will embrace you. When you feel lost, God will direct your path.

   There is nothing too hard for God. Many people may have failed you but God will never fail you. He can heal everything inside of you that resulted from broken promises. He can make what was old new again. You don't have to set high expectations for people anymore, just trust God because He never fails.

1 comment:

  1. Blogging is the new poetry. I find it wonderful and amazing in many ways.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave questions, comments or concerns.