Already Christian

Monday, October 3, 2011

Self Control

I was listening to the radio, and someone made a really good point. We might think of self control as “behaving” or “being good,” but self control is more than that. It’s controlling yourself. It’s having control over what you do and don’t do, instead of letting someone else or something else influence you. Self control is very important. If you don’t have self control, someone can simply tell you to do something and you’ll just do it. You have to know who you are and what you’re made of. You have to know what you stand for, what you believe in, what’s right and what’s wrong and you should always choose right and good. 

   Self control is directly related to how you react in certain situations. For example, if someone hurts your feelings or upset you, would you yell at them and say rude things to them? Or would you just walk away? The person who has self control most likely will walk away or tell the person to stop, instead of being rude. I know that personally I would most likely want to  say reply negatively to that person’s comment, and that’s where I see self control in my life. I try my best to ignore what that person has said or done to me. 

  When you have self control, you are able to control your behavior, attitude,etc. You’re able to control what you do and don’t do. Sometimes self control could even be the difference between life and death.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave questions, comments or concerns.